High Quality Locksmith Tools
- Locksmith Industry News
- 05 May, 2022
Locksmiths use a variety of tools to complete lock services. Moreover, some equipment for providing locksmith services doesn’t come cheap. It’s an investment for locksmith businesses to buy high quality locksmith tools. The quality of locksmith work depends on the capability of the equipment.
Are you familiar with locksmith tools that lock professionals use? More tools and machinery are necessary than the typical key box for duplication. Handling keys is just one aspect of investing in high quality locksmith tools. Various lock machinery and devices can make or break any locksmith service.
While it’s crucial to cover essential hardware tools, professionals and businesses should also pay attention to new machinery in the industry. Here are some examples of locksmith tools for use:
Basic locksmith set
All professional locksmiths and businesses should have the essential tools for lock issues. It's non-negotiable to have these items since they are used in the most basic locksmith tasks. In addition, all locksmiths should have their tools for simple jobs.
- Lock pick set - The most familiar toolset for all people is the lock pick set. All locksmiths should have working lock picks for all types of doorknobs. When the key to the door is missing, locksmiths use this tool to pry open the door.
- Key extractor - When owners experience breaking a key within the key slot, an extractor is necessary. It’s challenging to get broken keys inside long key slots. Locksmiths use the extractor to retrieve broken key pieces lodged in the slot.
- Padlock shims - Professionals need strong shims to take apart old padlocks. It’s not as easy to break large padlocks free as the small ones. Padlock shims are like strong pliers designed to break large padlocks.
- Scope - Scopes are guiding tools for locksmiths. One end of the scope shines light through the narrow slots of the padlock. Scopes are necessary for performing the initial assessments of doorknobs and lock slots.
- Tension tools - Tension tools serve as the grip for keeping pins in place. In typical doorknobs, the springs in the mechanism push down the pin. An example of this is the tension wrench. Locksmiths should invest in tension wrenches that are part of high quality locksmith tools.
Key cutting machine
In comparison to basic tools, key cutting machines are different. This equipment costs higher than the usual padlock shim. All keys come from a general shape and arrangement. The keys of any door lock or doorknobs are shaped according to the slot arrangement.
All keys should only open one door lock. Key cutting machines are high-grade equipment that shapes blank keys into highly specific and accurate slot arrangements. Most key cutting machines use cutting-edge technology to work. One example is a laser key cutter that results in very precise and sharp key cuts that won’t open any other key slot.
Perhaps, everybody is more familiar with the key duplication process. It’s always good advice to keep a spare key accessible. In case you lose the main key of your home lock, there’s another spare that can open the door. You won’t need to change the locks that only unlock from missing keys.
Key duplicators are high quality locksmith tools that all locksmith businesses should have. With a key duplicator, the original key is required as a basis for a copy of a blank key. The machine produces another key based on the original key.
Key duplication is often used interchangeably with key cutting; however, they’re different. Key duplication requires original key units. Key cutting only requires blank keys and relies a lot on basic tools to get the cuts of the key slot.
How to choose high quality locksmith tools
Do you need to buy high quality equipment for locksmith work? If it’s your business, it’s best to invest in the top-line products of the industry. You’re not only maintaining quality work with high-quality tools. You’ll end up saving a lot of money from urgent expenses.
The only way to choose the best tools is by comparing brands and models. There are a handful of brands that provide locksmith tools and machinery. An example of such a brand is Keyline, which offers a number of key cutters and key duplicators in the market.
Basic locksmith sets are the most affordable items on the list. The machinery, such as the key cutter, and key duplicator, cost a little more. This equipment costs thousands of dollars. Prepare to spend around 1000 to 3000 USD for these machines.
Are high quality locksmith tools worth investing in?
The answer is YES. Locksmith tools and machinery are worth investing in. You can only justify the prices and rates of service if there is high-quality output. More than the service, the actual products, i.e., duplicate keys, blank keys, etc., are gauging points of customers. High quality work starts from having the most efficient and effective tools for service.