Tip and Tricks on How to Use Dolphin Key Cutting Machine
- Locksmith Industry News
- 12 Jul, 2022
The main focus of this page is to discuss how to use dolphin key machines and to cite the Xhorse key cutting machine's various variants.
Tips on How to Use a Dolphin Key Cutting Machine
Xhorse Dolphin XP005 is one of the company's most recent innovations with a built-in battery.
It has the same features as the Condor XC Mini. Dolphin operates via a Bluetooth connection on a mobile phone application. This blog provides tips and tricks to minimize confusion since it is operated automatically via a third-party app.
Steps for Installation
Install cutter and probe
● Insert the cutter into the mounting hole and press the blade to the end. Then lower the cutter 2-5mm. The lock bolt and the fixed milling blade are engaged when the screw is parallel to the notched portion of the milling cutter's side.
● Insert the probe in the mounting hole, with the tip higher than the cutter's tip.
● Turn the 'probe locking screw' clockwise on until the probe is securely fastened.
● Unscrew the cutter and probe locks counter-clockwise till they are loose.
● When it gets loose, take out the blade or probe.
● Clamp locking screw removal
● Select the correct clamps for your keys, place them in the clamp holder, and then fully push the right button.
● You should tighten the clamp lock screw all the way.
App Operation Instructions
The system needs to initialize for the first time. The steps are as follows:
1. Select "Machine Parameter" in the Dolphin XP-005 operation interface.
2. Go to the "Height Level Adjustment" menu.
3. Press the "Start" button after adjusting the cutter and probe heights, following the display's instructions.
4. When the machine stops, set the probe and cutter points to the same level by adhering to the instructions on the screen. Next, click the "Continue" button.
5. To alter them finish height level after stopping the machine, select the associated cutter's dimension and click on "Setting cutter diameter."
Database Online Update
1. Enter the Dolphin XP-005 default settings and click "Update."
2. Select "Database update" to proceed.
3. To download a new edition, if you find one, click "Update." Click "OK" when the database download is finished.
A popup warning that downloading may result in a data charge if you use mobile data instead of WiFi will show if your phone is connected to the internet that way.
Dolphin XP005 is compatible with HU83, VA2, VA6, and other devices. It can cut car keys for Mercedes, Nissan, Yamaha, and other brands and is superior for AKL functions. However, there is a method and advice to follow if it is not working with different work environments.
If you're using a 1.5mm or 2mm cutter and still having problems with HU83, perform a machine calibration beforehand to ensure that the equipment continues to work.
Steps for Clamp Calibration
1. Enter the Dolphin XP-005 operation main interface and select 'Machine Parameter.'
2. Select 'Clamp Calibration.'
3. Choose clamp M1.
4. Following the instructions on the screen, leave the HON66 key blank, press 'Start,' and wait for it to finish.
5. Select clamp M2, side A, and do not set any keys on the clamp before clicking 'Start.'
6. Follow the on-screen instructions and switch to the other B, C, and D sides to complete the calibration.
Steps for Cutting-tool Calibration:
1. Select "Machine Parameter"
2. Choose "Cutting Calibration"
3. Once you have read the instructions, press "Start."
4. Clean up the working area, cutter, and probe with a brush. By selecting "Continue," the cutting calibration is completed.
How do I Use the Key Database?
Three methods for generating a key from the database
1. Original factory key code card
2. Key code details on some automobile models' locks
3. Alternative methods for obtaining the key code
1. Select "All keys lost."
2. Choose a car manufacturer.
3. Enter the key code indicated in red and press "QUERY."
4. Choose the key series.
5. The key bits will be generated automatically on the screen. Select "Cutting Key."
How Does Key Duplication Work?
Key duplication necessitates the use of vehicle models and years.
1. On the main page, click "Vehicle Database."
2. Choose or type the automobile manufacturer.
3. Choose a car model.
4. Choose a car model and year.
5. Follow the instructions to accurately place the key on the clamp, then select "Decode key."
6. After obtaining the actual key bit, add a new blank key and select "Cutting Key."
Upgrade with an Upgrading Kit
Steps for updating both the database and the firmware with an update package.
1. Connect the dolphin to a computer via a USB connection, launch 'Upgrade Kit,' and select "Find Device."
2. The related software will be identified and shown in the upper left corner.
3. If the device is not found, follow the on-screen instructions and click 'Yes' to install the driver.
4. Choose DOLPHIN1 and install the driver.
5. When you find the dolphin machine, click 'Upgrade.'
It's only a couple of minutes to upgrade. When upgrading, please ensure that the USB is always securely connected.
There are three ways to obtain the update package.
1. Request an update kit from the seller.
2. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "update tool."
3. Contact online customer care via the Xhorse App.
Types of Xhorse Key Machine
The Xhorse key machine manufacturers classify their primary machines separately and use various terminology to describe their machinery and qualities.
Dolphin Key Cutting Machine
Dolphin Key Machines can create or replicate keys both automotive and residential or commercial.
There are three types of Dolphin Xhorse key cutting machines, and they have different features.
● DOLPHIN II XP-005L
● DOLPHIN XP-005
● DOLPHIN XP-007
All key machines are battery-powered and have a handle for remotely cutting keys. On the other hand, the DOLPHIN II XP-005L variant may control through an app or a 5-inch touchscreen. The DOLPHIN II XP-005L and DOLPHIN XP-005 versions are both automatic except for the DOLPHIN XP-007, used for manual operations. Furthermore, all Dolphin varieties differ in features, weight, and dimensions.
Condor Key Cutting Machine
A condor key machine can develop or duplicate automotive, residential, or commercial keys. There are four types of condor key cutting machines:
● CONDOR XC-MINI PLUS II
● CONDOR XC-MINI PLUS
● CONDOR XC-009
● CONDOR XC-002
All machines can decode and operate with a 7-inch touchscreen or an application. At the same time, the CONDOR XC-MINI PLUS II offers the engraving option. Automatic operation is present in the CONDOR XC-MINI PLUS II and the CONDOR XC-MINI PLUS. It is semi-automatic, battery-operated, and has a handle for remote key trimming, in contrast to the CONDOR XC-009. The CONDOR XC-002 can manually replicate both laser and dimple keys. The size and weight of these Condor key machines vary in addition to their functional differences.