The Spartan Series Doors are designed to meet the architectural requirements for hollow metal doors. This premium door construction combines the strength and dimensional stability of steel with the structural integrity of the a polystyrene core. The continuous bonding of core to metal provides an attractive flat door, free of face welding marks. Windstorm Tests have proven that the Spartan door has integral high resistance to impact damage, low thermal conductivity, and high STC ratings. To meet application, specification and performance requirements, the Spartan doors offer a wide range of specifiable options including sizes, glass lite designs, hardware (mechanical, pneumatic, electrical) preparations and edge constructions.
- Polystyrene core system enhances the structural integrity of the door, while significantly reducing the weight.
- Full height, epoxy filled mechanical interlock edges provide structural support and stability along the full height of the door edges.
- Patented universal hinge preparations allow for easy field conversion from standard weight (.134) hinges to heavy weight (.180) hinges.
- 18 gage top and bottom channels provide stability and protection for the top and bottom edges from abuse.
- Square hinge and lock edges allow for non-handed options and eliminate handing issues in the field.
- All steel glass trim provides a clean, neat, and flush finish with the door surface
- Factory applied baked on rust inhibiting primer in accordance with ANSI A250.10
- Calculated R-Value of 7.14